Life in lockdown is a little like how my blog has been recently, empty and slightly repetitive. I refused to start this post with ‘I’m back’ as at this rate I will have had more comebacks than a former A-list celebrity.
The fact of the matter is, I’ve been putting too much pressure on myself to produce content which in turn makes me not produce content, or even look at my blog for way too long. I also underestimated how much I could do, whilst working full time, maintaining hobbies and general living.
I thought though, now is a better time than any to give it a little go again. I am not going to put any expectations on myself and will just try to produce content which I, and hopefully you, enjoy.
Now, here is a little rundown of what I have been up to in lockdown so far:
- Fortunately, I am still working full-time, so work is keeping me busy.
- I enjoyed an ‘isolated’ week off which pre-lockdown would have included a theatre trip to ‘Pretty Woman’, but we recreated the theatre at home. It was nice to have a little time off though!
- I have been painting A LOT. Filling my house with paintings, A LOT! I exhibited, albeit virtually, in the gallery in April and was fortunate to make a few sales. I created a ‘Spring Miniatures’ collection which I absolutely loved – Psst, some are still available!
- I am also exhibiting throughout May, and painting even more! You can purchase all four of my different card designs on the gallery website here (including the ‘Snowdrops’ design featured in the cover image of this post.
- Where possible, I have been going out and about with my camera. Maybe now we can go for longer walks I may finally make it back to the beach!
- Like many, Netflix has been a source of entertainment and I have nearly binge watched the entirety of ‘New Girl’. Anyone else love that show?
I hope everyone is staying safe and well! Life in lockdown has been tough at times, but it will not be forever and it’s important to stay safe. I hope you have enjoyed this post too, hopefully see you soon!