Last week I received a Twitter notification from the amazing Rachel (@worldofrachelx) who had nominated me for the ‘Blogger Recognition Award’ and this was so lovely to see after a busy few weeks preparing to start my third year of University.
I’m so grateful to have been nominated, especially after September was a quieter month blogging wise so thank you Rachel! As usual there are some ‘rules’ which go alongside the award which I’ll include below, these are from Rachel’s post which you can find here.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you create – I will notify the bloggers via Twitter too in case their blog comments are not available.
How ‘Imogen Chloe’ started:
As like a lot of people in the blogging community I had a different blog, well two actually, several years ago which I uploaded a handful of posts on and then stopped. This was also sort of the case for this blog, ‘Imogen Chloe’. I created and published my first post in January of this year and another in February however I didn’t start my blog at the right moment.
University was in full swing and my second year assignments and exam deadlines were looming so I stepped away from my blog entirely and decided I would ‘revive’ it in the summer. I did just that and officially ‘Imogen Chloe’ was created once more in June, I count this as the start of my blogging journey as that is when I fully committed myself to my blog and the posts which went alongside it.
I love and always have loved writing so blogging is perfect for me, since restarting my blog and then going self hosted too, in just my first few months, I am extremely happy and excited for the future.
Advice for new bloggers:
- Always be yourself – Don’t try and be someone you are not, you should blog about things you love and only that. You have to be true to yourself and genuine to your passions as otherwise your passion for blogging will soon extinguish.
- It’s okay to take a break – Don’t feel that if life is getting very stressful or you have other things going on which are affecting your blogging career or even your motivation that you have to keep going regardless. A break, however brief, may be what you need to gather your thoughts and come back into blogging with more motivation and ideas, lots of people take breaks, it’s not a bad thing.
- Elle Goes Global
- Chloe Elizabeth
- Yes Whale
- Victoria Austin
- Sophie Harris
- Lauren Robinson
- Diary of a Spanglish Girl
- Lucy Elizabeth
- Creative Kate 89
- Laur Talks Makeup
- The Longest Road To Walk
Hope you’ve all enjoyed this post and congratulations to the bloggers nominated, I wish I could have chosen you all! Thank you for reading!