Eek!! It’s my birthday! I officially turn 23 TODAY, well, technically at 18: something – Mum can’t remember off the top of her head – tonight but that’s besides the point! I thought I’d share a little post today about ’23 Things I’ve Learnt In 23 Years’. Enjoy!
To see more of what I got up to on my birthday be sure to check out my Instagram!
23 Things I’ve Learnt In 23 Years!
- Be patient, things take time!
- Don’t give up on your dreams, no matter how impossible they may seem.
- Stay true to what you believe in.
- Laugh more.
- Go easy on yourself, you are your worst critic.
- You can’t please everyone.
- True friends don’t give up on you.
- The best thing you can be is yourself.
- Don’t focus on other people’s ideals of ‘perfect’.
- Remember to take a break.
- Don’t give up on things you love.
- Take time to do things which make you happy.
- Be kind.
- Everyone has their own problems.
- It’s okay to put yourself first sometimes.
- Failing doesn’t make you a failure.
- Save, save, save, but don’t forget to live!
- You’re never too old to learn something new.
- There are some things you can’t control.
- Bring out your inner Elf and Unicorn every now and then!
- Everyone is on their own timeline – don’t be pressured.
- Smile more, it could make someones day.
- ‘And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)’ – Dr Seuss.
As a bonus point, I should probably heed my own advice! I hope you have enjoyed reading these 23 things I have learnt in 23 years, some a little silly and some a little not so, but there’s one more thing to say… In the words of Dr Seuss, again –
“I am what I am! That’s a great thing to be! If I say so my self, Happy Birthday to me!”