Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog! My apologies for the lack of posts, I’m a month away from finishing university for ever so things are a little hectic. That being said, I thought I’d grace your screens today with a little recipe post which is perfect for little children to make during the Easter holidays too – Mini Egg Rocky Road!
These took me less than half an hour in total so it definitely is a quick little treat to make!
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 135g butter
- 200g milk chocolate
- 2-3 tsp golden syrup
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 100g raisins
- 100g mini eggs
- 50 – 100g chocolate to finish
- Bag of mini eggs
- Grease and line a square baking tin, 18cm is ideal but if you do not have one you can improvise like me.
- Melt the butter, syrup and chocolate in a pan, stirring till there are no lumps. Leave to cool.
- Put the digestive biscuits in a food bag and crush with a rolling pin till they are broken up – size doesn’t matter but you don’t want the pieces too big!
- Add the biscuits, marshmallows, raisins and mini eggs to the chocolate mix and mix till everything is coated.
- Put the mixture into the baking tin, spread to the edges and chill in the fridge for a few hours (I left mine chilling overnight)
- Once chilled cut up your mix into square or rectangular shaped pieces. Melt the remaining chocolate and splash across the top of your bars, add a mini egg to finish.
My mix made 20 bars of slightly different sizes. If you don’t like marshmallows, raisins or mini eggs you can always change them with an ingredient of your choice, just make sure you keep the measurement the same.
Hope you enjoy and as always let me know in the comments down below if you’ll be making these! I for one definitely can’t wait to have one of these today and I’ll definitely be sharing them with family and friends otherwise I’ll end up looking like a mini egg myself!
All photography used in this blog post is my own.