Now, I don’t mean to brag or anything but this may be the perfect summer supper, not too heavy (especially in this heat) and devilishly delicious at the same time!
I can’t take all the credit though as I did get the recipe from my Mum (thank you) and now I thought I’d share it with you all as well.
It’s super simple all you need are a few main ingredients and then you can customize it as much as you like to your taste. It looks good, right?
- Puff Pastry
- Tomato Puree
- Fresh Tomato
- Any extras you may want!
(We had tomato, mozzarella, basil and garlic on top of ours with some garlic on the base too.)
- Roll out puff pastry (it’s even quicker to use the pre-made stuff if you’re short on time).
- Prick the pastry with a fork and draw a faint line around the edge (1cm thick).
- Pop it in the oven till it puffs up (180 degrees Fan or as stated on the box, takes roughly 10/15 mins).
- Take it out of the oven and pat it down, you’ll be left with a raised edge around the side.
- Spread tomato puree on the base.
- Layer tomato and mozzarella slices (overlapping slightly), then add basil and any extra toppings.
- Cook till the mozzarella has melted to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy, we had ours with couscous but again you can have it with anything you like!
Let me know if you end up making it! Hope you enjoy!
(All photographs featured in this blog post are my own).