I hope you’re all hungry as I certainly have a treat for you today, yesterday I made what could easily be pictured in a dream – or my dreams – Biscoff cupcakes! You can never have enough! I absolutely love the biscuits and I recently discovered that they’ve put those beautiful biscuits into a spread and honestly, if you haven’t tried it you’re missing out!
I altered the recipe from one of my Mum’s baking books for just simple vanilla cupcakes and will take you through the recipe now, you’ll have to let me know if you end up making these! There was a lot of you Twitter friends thinking I would be baking something triple chocolate but sometimes you just have to branch out. It was worth it!
The recipe is super simple to use and there’s not very many ingredients either!
- 175g Soft Butter / Margarine.
- 175g Soft Brown Caster Sugar.
- 3 Eggs.
- 175g Self-Raising Flour.
- 1 1/2 x 5ml spoons Baking Powder.
- 2 1/2 x 15ml spoons Biscoff Biscuit Spread.
- Crumbled Biscoff Biscuits.
- 150g Soft Butter / Margarine.
- 300g Icing Sugar.
- 3 x 15 ml spoons Biscoff Biscuit Spread. – More if you wish!
- Crumbled Biscoff Biscuits and whole biscuits.
- A little bit of milk can be added too if the mix is too stiff.
One of my lovely readers found a vegan recipe for these cakes, so if any of you are vegan then you can find the recipe here.
- Set the oven to 160 degrees C (325 degrees F).
- Prepare your cupcake tins.
- Put margarine, sugar and Biscoff Biscuit Spread into a bowl and cream together till smooth.
- Add in the sifted flour, eggs, baking powder and crumbled biscuits. (Put a few in a sandwich bag and just crush with a wooden spoon or rolling pin).
- Spoon the mix into the cupcake cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
- Allow the cakes to cool whilst making the icing.
- Mix the icing sugar, margarine and Biscoff Biscuit Spread, keep tasting as you go along and add more in if you want – you can’t have enough!
- Pipe the icing onto the cakes, however you wish and add half a biscuit on top to decorate. Add a sprinkle of crumbled biscuits to finish them off!
Well, that’s that – I told you it was simple! I hope you have enjoyed reading and drooling over my cakes / photographs, they’ve made me hungry so I’m going to have to go have another, oops sorry, that’s teasing you all a little. It’s also safe to say that they are boyfriend friendly because one appeared and then vanished in about 20 seconds – the cake that is, the boyfriend is still here…
Biscoff haven’t asked me to write this post, I simply love their products a ridiculous amount and thought I’d turn them into a lovely cupcake treat. You’ll have to let me know what you think and whether you use my recipe to bake them yourself, if you don’t you have to at least try the biscuit spread, it’s delicious!
Let me know as well whether you think I am a worthy wearer of the ‘Star Baker’ apron!
All photographs included in this post are my own.