Wow! I can’t actually believe I am writing another one of these posts, I’d hate to come across as bragging but I just want to say how appreciative I am to each and every one of my followers. Thank you to Kiyah for nominating me for this award, you can follow along with her blogging journey here!
The ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’ is all about blogger recognition for being inspiring and bringing joy to the community and of course, is voted by other bloggers. Alike ‘The Versatile Blogger Award’ there are some rules which you have to follow –
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions which the blogger who nominated you asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 different questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog site.
What’s helped you the most since starting your blogging journey?
- To be perfectly honest with you, I wouldn’t have been able to get this far with my blogging so quickly if it hadn’t had been for the amazing support network on Twitter. I felt instantaneously welcome and I can’t thank them enough!
Who has supported you the most with blogging and how?
- I think this will have to be the blogging community over on Twitter again! Although shout out to my Mum who reads my posts and let’s me know if I’ve a spelling mistake or a grammatical error – love you!
Have you told anyone about your journey into blogging? If so, how did they respond?
- I have a couple of friends who are bloggers but I haven’t really said to people ‘Oh, I have a blog’, I just tweet and put photos on my Instagram so people do know, I just haven’t directly told them. All responses so far though have been extremely positive so I am grateful.
If you could change one thing about your blog what would it be?
- Oh wow, I’m not actually sure to be honest! That’s of course not me subtly saying I think it’s perfect, as it’s not, I’m just unsure what I would change. I know that I would love to go self-hosted at some point in the future but I need to make sure I’m financially able before taking the plunge.
Who would you love to do a guest post for?
- I’m not 100% sure if I am honest, there are so many great bloggers who I have come to know over my first couple months of blogging so if any of them were to ask me I’d happily accept!
What’s your dream collaboration?
- Again, I’m not sure as I haven’t really thought about that aspect of blogging just yet. I’m just about getting my head above the water with it all so you know what they say, don’t run before you can walk! Saying that, I’d be overwhelmed if any photography, art or sport based companies wanted to collab with little old me as they’re my passions!
What do you expect to get out of blogging?
- I wouldn’t say that I ‘expect’ to get anything out of blogging but it would be nice to be rewarded in some manner in the future as I work hard on my blog and am proud of how far I have come in such a short amount of time. At the moment, I am happy where I am and how I am progressing so anything which comes as an additional bonus is amazing and I am so grateful.
What’s the best advice you have ever received?
- Be honest and be true to yourself. There is absolutely no point building yourself up as a blogger based on lies or false information. You have to be true to yourself! If I started posting loads of posts all about make-up and beauty products that wouldn’t be true to myself at all, I don’t wear make-up so why would I lie for the sake of fitting in with a niche already covered by so many others?
One thing that you wish you knew how to do?
- I used to be able to tie my laces one handed (I broke my arm when I was younger so decided to start doing them up with my one good arm). Random I know, but think how handy it would be if you had a spare hand at all times?
Dream career and why?
- I would absolutely love to be a children’s author, I’ve already written the book I now have to find the bravery to actually take it to be seen by someone who isn’t a close relative – they have to say it’s amazing, right? Hopefully, one day in the future I will be able to achieve this!
Would you live in the mountains, beach, or desert? Why?
- Mountains, no question. I don’t tend to go to the beach in summer anyway as I burn so so quickly and I’d definitely burn / get lost in a desert. Plus, I know how to ski so if I ever got in trouble or was bored I can just ski up and down the mountain (well, not up but you know what I mean).
My 11 Questions:
- What has helped you the most to get you where you are today in blogging?
- How did you get into blogging?
- Is there anything that you would change about your blog at the moment?
- What are you looking forward to in the future?
- Name three blogs you love.
- What is your favourite post you’ve ever written?
- Toilet paper, over or under?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
- What’s your favourite joke?
- Pet peeve, what is it?
- List three random facts about yourself.
My 11 Nominations:
TheWhayve – thewhayve.com
Joannda / A Zest For Travel – azestfortravel.com
Addictedtotravel25 – addictedtotravel25.wordpress.com
Nerds Numbers Natterings – nerdsnumbersnatterings.blogspot.co.uk
Llama Punch – llamapunch.com
Blogging By Soph – graphicsbysoph.co.uk/blog
Emily – yeswhale.com
Milli – milliberman.co.uk
Bailey – baileyleah.com
Unlunacy – Unlunacy.com
Victoria Austen – victoriaaustin.co.uk
Hope you’ve enjoyed reading this, thank you again for the nomination Kiyah and thank you to everyone for all of the support you have given me and my blog so far! I can’t express how much I appreciate it!